Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Northshore Inline Marathon (Duluth) Photos

Northshore Inline Marathon (Duluth) Photos: First of all, you can fina NSIM report thanks to Team Rollerblade.

Skating the Northshore Inline Marathon (twice yesterday thanks to Eddy Matzger) did a number on my number. I am completely sore and in pain right now, and the party at Grandma's Sports & Bar didn't help either.

The coolest thing that hapenned at the party was when the news being shown on the big screen tv's featured coverage of the Northshore Inline Marathon. At that point, it was very easy to differentiate the skaters from the non-skaters; all the skaters had stopped dancing and were turned towards the tv's.

The party was great because it was a melting pot of all the skaters, tallest to smallest, fastest to slowest, recreational to elite- everyone united through music, food, dancing, drinks, and the fraternity of skating.

Many of the people that I talked to after the race, at the awards, at the after-party, and today are completely sore. Some claim it was the wind that made this year's tough, others claim it was the hills. Everyone has agreed though that they are returning to Duluth in 2008.

My video will probably be posted on Tuesday or Wednesday- I've got good race footage, so hold on tight. In the mean-time, you can browse through all of my 62 pictures (photos coming later). Thanks a lot to Mike Lin for lending me his camera to skate with.

I am now off to Thunder Bay to visit my family- SPD!



2007-09 Duluth Northshore Inline Marathon (62 photos)


The mystery spot- sounds like one of my body parts! (joke)


The drive from Toronto to Duluth takes about 15-hours. Many people say that I am crazy to make this annual pilgrimage by car each year, but when I am treated to breath-taking views, it's well worth it.


There was a whole lot of rain during my drive to Duluth- I was seriously concerned that it may rain for the NSIM, but it didn't; it was cold and windy!


The police chasing me down- he was actually very nice and he didn't give me a ticket. No, wrong; he was nice because he DIDN'T give be a ticket.


I was greeted by these fine skaters from Toronto upon my arrival in Duluth- Sarah Hopkins, Gillian Clarke, Travis Shaw, Morgan Williams, and Randy Domm


Team Hyper's Jon Elliott, Jeremny Anderson, and Justin Stelley scouting the course


I got to meet and talk a lot with the Inline Planet's man Robert Burnson


Red River Speed from Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada)


Waiting to board the buses early on race-day. Many of these buses take the skaters 42km away to the start line in Two Harbours


After the buses drop the skaters off, we get to walk amongst thousands of skaters who are preparing for their 42km adventure


Pro master men ready to rock!


Eddy Matzger and I encountered many skaters, including these two angel winged skaters


Water station; when I was racing, we went through the first water station and I remember thinking that I was not thirsty at all. Once we arrived at the 2nd water station, I was desparate for water- thanks to all the volunteers who helped up!


The home-stretch

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pete - I remember the Mystery Spot on the many times I drove to Duluth with you.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:25:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home