Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Saturday, August 18, 2007

From Cali- Entry #10

From Cali- Entry #10: I'll get a bit more online when I get back to the hotel. We're in the stands watching the 300-meter sprints. I am not getting pictures or videos of the sprints; I just want to enjoy the races. On the other hands, I've got plenty of video and photos of the 10km points & eliminations.

I made today's video- click here or press play below- it features videos from the 10km points & elimination races.

Quick news items; Kalon Dobbin (New Zealand's world champion) is out of the 300-meters and the competition after suffering a nasty groing injury. The track is fast and it is making for fast racing- the skating is pretty clean- I think most of the skaters are preoccupied with trying to keep pace.

There has been all sorts of delays- the 300-meters were delayed for all sorts of reasons; water on the track, timming system problems (I think). There were delays for the junior men's 10km pts/ elim after many fans jumped the barricades and got across the road course to watch the track races- their view from the stands was pretty bad.

I raced the 10km points/ elimination race and finished 18th in my heat- it was good because I hung onto the pack for 40 of 50 laps but the top-17 went on to the final. I finished and didn't get lapped out, so that was good.

I may put up photos later today, so until then, have fun wherever you are!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

18th, thats really good pete... too bad it wasn't 17th though. I bet you wish you had passed one more guy. Oh well. Have fun out there

Sunday, August 19, 2007 12:52:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home