Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Friday, March 23, 2007

What Were You Doing?, Mantia On The WIC, Links, Report, Wotherspoon, Ziegler Update

What Were You Doing?: Last night, I watched the counter for the unveiling of new wheels on Hyper’s website. When it got to zero at midnight, nothing happened. No new wheels, and as The Major said, ‘I was waiting for my computer to explode with hyper wheels shooting out. Oh well, at least I still have my computer’.


Turn on the lights please! We want to see the wheels!

Mantia On The WIC: According to recent posts on Bont’s Message Board, USA’s Joey Mantia will take on a few key races in the World Inline Cup this year. Don’t try to see any news on Luigono because that’s a restaurant website. Instead if you want to go looking for some news about this, go to Luigino Racing. When you’re browsing around, you’ll find a report from the Pre-Worlds In Colombia from a while ago.


Joey Mantia (USA) behind a couple of Colombia skaters at the '06 world in Korea during the elimination race

Links: Cpal.eu. I’ve been getting some traffic form this thread recently. From what I know about letters and language, it’s not in English. Pretty cool! Speed Skate World truly is Speed Skate WORLD. Yeah!


I don't think this is English

Report: EO Anaeli has a report on the Grand Prix de roller de Chamberi. I’ve been to Chamberi, yeas before my inline skating days, and it’s a really nice place. One of my mom’s friends lives there.


Photo from EO Anaeli

Wotherspoon: The most decorated sprinter in the world, Canadian Jeremy Wotherspoon, will be back at it next year after taking this year off of racing. Click for the article Wotherspoon has bigger fish to fry this season posted on Speed Skating Canada.


A couple of great skaters- Jeremy Wotherspoon and I in Calgary. It might look like we're good friends and training partners, but in fact this was the first time that I met him and I was star-struck!

FYI: (EDIT: Jeremy Wotherspoon talks about fishing, so I decided to talk about fish)I hate fish, but let's say that at this moment you and I were in the Caribbean and we were swimming just offshore in the crystal clear water, and let's say I caught a fish with my bare hands, I would cook it over a fire on the beach at night I would definitely eat the fish & share it with you and we could talk about skating for hours and hours!

Ziegler Update: This one goes out to those of you who are following Sigrid Ziegler’s and Andrew Hegarty’s racing adventure; We have a first update from Sigrid Ziegler in Europe.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kill a fish what?

Friday, March 23, 2007 12:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

About not english...Yep,it's russian,man.Besides bears&vodka we have nice asphalt and speedskates too.X=))This sport appeared in Russia only several years ago,but we're doing our best to improve. =)Peter,thank u for all ur awesome videos,articles,reports and so on.
We're watching it with great interest=)
With Respect,
Konstantin.

Sunday, April 01, 2007 5:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home