Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Skate The Lake Video, Photos, Event News- Walk & Roll & Squiggy, Track Specs, A Time Capsule

Skate The Lake Video: Between training sessions, I had time to edit the video and put it together for you to enjoy. Press play below or click here to view-


Photos: Click here for photos from Inline On Fire- looks like it was quite cold. Thank goodness they were skating on a covered track…ohh how jealous I am. I wish they would build a banked track in Mississauga- I wish I could build one.


Inline on fire!

Event News- Walk & Roll & Squiggy: Here’s an event- Walk & Roll- that Team Rainbow Inline Speed Skating is participating in. Their goal is to raise $5000 for the American Cancer Society. Good stuff; I like how the power of inline skating can be used in the quest to slay and eventually end the Cancer demons.


Team Rainbow at the 2005 Longbeach Marathon

The Squiggy Inline Classic will take place on March 10th and 11th.

Track Specs: Amongst all the things that I’ve been filling up my days with, I’ve tried to keep up with what’s being written about the specs for skating tracks. I thought janneman had an interesting response on the Skatelog Forum, saying ‘…I suppose that FIRS has a set of specifications or better: a standard that describes their requirements of when a track can be certified…Standards are most often free or just at the cost of copywork. Otherwise they cant be standard, because one can only standardise if knowledge is public and shared’.

I don’t want to take what’s been written out of context here, so to get the full perspective from this post, click here.

A Time Capsule: Melange is a blog worth checking out, so check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home