Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Big Rideau, A Couple Of Links- Cado, Mundo, & Hayward, Unknown Legends, Inline Planet's How To Get Sponsored, Where You Come From

Big Rideau: I went to watch the Big Rideau Marathon today in Portland, Ontario. I will post a more detailed report later this week with a whole ton of pictures that I took. I also have some video footage, so you can expect a video too. I just wanted to let you know that Adrien Loewen and Martine Charbonneau were the winners of the 50km race in weather that I can only describe as much more than cold!

A Couple Of Links- Cado, Mundo, & Hayward: Cado Motus' website is starting to come alive. Mundo Patin- this site used to be CPenol. If you read Spanish or if you have a computer program that could translate Spanish to English, then this site can be a rich source of information. Finally, the Hayward Inline Marathon's registration is now open.


Cuco (with the ear phones and the funky haircut) working the media machine at the 2004 world championships in Italy- he runs the Mundo Patin website. You'll also notice Patincarrera's Guido Ferra on the left

Unknown Legends: Here's a good article from the Toronto Sun called Unknown Legends. The article takes a look at the stardom that Canadian speedskaters have to deal with (perhaps there’s a small hint of sarcasm?). I can add comments to this topic: There's been a few times that I've been hanging around with world cup, world championship, and Olympic medalists and I think they have been recognized...let me think...probably nonce. That is my made up word for once.


Top short track skaters Olivier Jean and Steve Robillard being interviewed after winning a marathon- I've walked the streets of Montreal with them, going to jazz festivals and breakfasts and they've rarely if ever been recognized

Inline Planet's How To Get Sponsored: Sponsorship 101: How To Get Sponsored is a good article by Debbie Rice recently published on the Inline Planet. If you're looking for a sponsor and you are either confused or unsure about what to do, this article can act as a guide. Note the K2/Empire uniform in the picture: It is me at the start of the 2005 Northshore Inline Marathon.


Some of these guys are sponsored because they're good (at skating and at representing the sport AND their sponsors

Where You Come From: I use Site Meter with PIRWP. Site Meter gives me a whole bunch of stats that for the most part, I do not know what to do with. There is a cool feature which lets me know which websites visitors are referred from. This has allowed me to discover a few of them: The most recent website is Dennis Richmond's Resource Site. That’s another website for all of us to follow. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home