Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Cat & The Mag, Upcoming Events, How Cold It Is

The Cat & The Mag: I finally got my hands on the latest issue of Race & Roll Skating Magazine- not a bad deal considering I am the editor of the magazine. Things have been moving slowly with getting the issues out, however I can assure you that I am committed to the magazine and I am working to ensure that things are more timely. Sometimes though, things are out of my and Dan Archambeau's hands- there are things we are unable to control including health issues.


I thought this might be a good time to put another picture of my cat Presti on the site. I figured this shot would be good since I got the R&RSM in the background. Presti likes to make the magazines fall from the wall onto the ground. Maybe I should buy him some sparkly balls or little jingle toys or something. Note the reflection of the my street name sign on the 'Joey Mantia' issue. The sign is on the opposite wall.

Upcoming Events: I got this in my email today; Some of you probably got it as well: 'The 3rd annual Metrodome Inline Marathon will be held on Saturday, April 7th. To secure your spot in the marathon, click here and register today. The field will again be limited to the first 500 skaters to sign up'.

Another event for you to check out is this free time trial in Austin, Texas on February 17th 2007. Here’s the website and here’s one of the two flyers. Finally, the Walt Disney World Inline Marathon will take place on April 1st.


Eric 'Hip Hop' Gee and I left my house by car at 11:30pm on Friday night to skate in the 2004 Disney Inline Marathon. We were back in Mississauga at 6am on Monday morning- on that weekend, we drove over 4500km's, raced a marathon, bought a trunk load of oranges, slept 2 or 3 hours, and had a few yelling spouts (mostly from Eric directed at me and involving a lot of 'why the f****** h*** am I doing this?' & 'how did you convince me to go on this stupid trip?'. From left to right: A cranky Eric gasing up, driving nice & relaxed, lobsters that we almost bought, me and the oranges, and the lead pack

How Cold It Is: I had a whole lot of fun running today. It was so cold that the students at my school had to spend recess inside. With the windchill factor, temperatures dipped to 22 Celsius below zero. How fun!


Ahh here I am sitting in front of my house all bundled up (that’s my neighbour’s house in the background)

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

The Dome race is a relatively new race, but it's so different and exciting in its own way. Last year there weren't a lot of teams up for the team trials, but it was an exciting race nonetheless. A different environment to skate in.. definitely an event worth skating!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 10:23:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home