Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Skates In The Real Canadian Super Store, Wheel Anti-Reversing Technology- Corrected

Skates In The Real Canadian Super Store: Being in Thunder Bay has been a lot of fun for me. I've spent a lot of my time observing and interacting with Sebastien and some time training (running & dry land). For xmas, I received a gift certificate for a store called Fresh Air Experience. I bought a pair of spiffy running shoes: $ is tight and I've been using the same rag-tag shoes for 3 years now, so I was long overdue.

My outing with Marlene Wandel (you might remember her as being Sebastien's mother) also inclded a stop at The Real Canadian Superstore. While I was waiting to pay for the ginger ale (which for some reason I was holding and caressing like a baby) I saw out of the corner of my eye a girl glide by me. I though to myself 'Gee, is she floating, or is she walking really smoothly?'. I looked down, and I noticed she was wearing inline skates.


Yep, it's a big store

What impressed me even more was that she actually worked at the store. I spoke with her and found out her name was Danielle from Thunder Bay. Upon further inquiry, I discovered that some of the employees wear inline skates to get around the store because it is a really big store. Really really cool. The Real Canadian Superstore is a place that has earned my business.


Danielle proudly sports her inline skates

Wheel Anti-Reversing Technology- Corrected: A little bit ago, I talked about the Wheel Anti-Reversing Technology and referred to it as 'Bearing Anti Reverse System'. Bruce Honaker has been promoting his product. You can visit the website at www.inlineskatetech.com. You can see the technology in action right here in this video. Pretty cool stuff.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Skaters,

Peter's got a cool site here. I'm Bruce Honaker and if you'd like to check out this technology, it's pretty wild. My site is: inlineskatetech.com
Happy New Year everyone!

Bruce

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:47:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home