Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The New Doucet, A Terrible Introduction, Teen Fuel

The New Doucet: Thunder Bay is much colder than Toronto- when I left Toronto on Sunday, it was +7 Celsius and it was -10 Celsius in Thunder Bay. The thing is though that Toronto and Thunder Bay have about the same amount of snow: zilch. This is a Canadian inline skater's dream; winter with very little snow.

Inline skating, as close as it is to my heart, has had its niche in my heart replaced by a little beautiful boy named Sebastien. I won't take too much of this website to write about him, but I will for sure share some of my joys with you. After all, it's my site; therefore you're at my mercy!


The beautiful Mississauga sky at dusk right before I leave for Thunder Bay


And here is Sebastien, the little guy, I got to hold him and sing songs to him. I think he likes my the smell of my breath (I always chew gum; Extra bubble-mint)

A Terrible Introduction: Aaron Arndt, well, I'm not sure how to introduce this one, just read it. Sounds like no fun at all.


Aaron Arndt (2nd place, Bont) in the thick of the action at the Eastern Seaboard Series #3 (Trexlertown)

Teen Fuel: I am trying to be an educated and conscientious consumer; I try to purchase from companies that are philosophically aligned with my beliefs. It's not always possible, but I do try.

In that vein, I am a much higher supporter of companies that invest into sports and support athletes, races, and of course websites (like mine). For example, there are good chances that the next car that I purchase will be from a company that sponsors inline skating teams. I think that I can use my website to gain some leverage and help bring some companies that support athletes to light. Teen Fuel is one of those companies.


Canadian short track speedskater Ivanie Blondin (in yellow) is supported by Teen Fuel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home