Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Welcome to the World Sebastien Peter Doucet, Holiday Concert

Welcome to the World Sebastien Peter Doucet: On December 16th 2006 at about 4am (a time of the week that I sometimes find myself stumbling home from a night out with friends), planet earth became the official home of Sebastien Peter Doucet. He is the son of my brother Olivier and his partner, Marlene.


Proud father Olivier and son, Sebastien

What a name, isn't it? Actually, he gets his middle name from my father Peter Doucet. You see back in 1979, my family shrunk from 4 members to 3 members thanks to a tragic car crash which claimed my father's life. For twenty some-odd years, we were three in my family, and now, are numbers are back up with the addition of Sebastien and Marlene Wandel, my brother Olivier's partner in crime.

Sebastien currently lives in Thunder Bay, home of Hal Lightwood and Frank Luckai and family. What I am thinking, planning, plotting, is that Thunder Bay can become a mecca of roller speed skating in a few years. You see; I will let Olivier and Marlene enjoy the joys of parenthood through their love, committment, sacrifice, work, and growth. As I learn to become an awesome uncle, I will attempt to steer Sebastien into the virtiuous direction of roller speed skating- all this of course with the inevitable blessing of Sebastian's parents. It will follow that clubs, races, websites, companies, fans, officials, and volunteers will spring out of Thunder Bay.


Thunder Bay's Frank Luckai (left) at the 2005 Rolling Rampage and Oliver Doucet (right) at the 2006 TIIRW. When will Sebastien's picture be added to the mix?

I can't wait to meet you Sebastien; If you're reading this, uncle Pete's coming to Thunder Bay on December 24th to visit you! Oh and Hal- maybe we can go for a skate again? I can replace all those Hallowe'en chocolates I ate...yum.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Peter - babies can't read and if you haven't noticed yet - SPD's picture is already in your post - duh! :-)

Friday, December 22, 2006 8:45:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home