Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Friday, December 22, 2006

Swollen Ankle- The Video, US Long Track Championships Results, Transformers

Swollen Ankle- The Video: At practice last Wednesday, Andrew Hegarty was not skatig because his right ankle was swollen. Instead, he took some video of the practice and posted the finished product on his blog.


Andrew Hegarty at a Scooter's Indoor Speed Club practice

US Long Track Championships Results: Andrew Love is offering coverage of the US Long Track Speed Skating Championships. If you want to see detailed results, go to the Pettit National Ice Center's website. Day 1 and day 2 results are up. I can't wait to see how Andrew Love does in the 500-meter sprint. He's been working so hard and he deserves a good result.

Transformers: As many kids my age did, I spent a good portion of my youth watching cartoons. Some of my favourite shows included GI Joe, the Smurfs, Tiger Cats, Cops, He-Man, and of course the Transformers. I just wanted to share with you that I am really pumped up that Transformers is going to be released in 2007. You can view the preview here.

Patrick Chayer, who was one of the greatest skaters to come out of Quebec, used to call Marc Griffin GI Joe. That's because he always thought Marc Griffin looked like a GI Joe. If anyone looks like He-Man, it's definitely me, you know, with my crazy abs of steel...cough cough.


Was Patrick Chayer right? Is Marc Griffin a living GI Joe? When I raced with Marc, he always had his hair shaved and his beard at the exact same length of his hair. I always though he probably had the easiest times drying his hair and beard; all he'd have to do is pass his hand over it, and the water would 'spring' out and everything would be insta-dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home