Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Where I Will Be This Weekend, St Paul Survery, If I Was FIRS' Prez, Ask Bill Begg, 100k Dutch Natural Ice Champs, 100's Or 110's?, WIC News

Where I Will Be This Weekend: This weekend, I will be in Quebec City to cover the ISU Samsung Short Track World Cup. I expect to have a press pass, so I'll be taking some pretty good pictures and videos that you'll be able to view and relish.

I'll be driving some 800km to get to Quebec and 800km to get back home late Sunday in time for work on Monday morning. I don't know when I will put all the videos and photos online, but I'll do my best to do it as quickly as possible.


St Paul Survery: Help the St-Paul Inline Marathon become a better event by completing this survey.

If I Was FIRS' Prez: Here's an interesting article from SpeedSK8ers.com- check out Utopia: if I was FIRS president. This great fantasy article opens with 'The limos incessantly pull in to the Sheraton. A flock of celebrities step up on the red carpet to take part on Inline Speedskating World Championships’ opening gala, tonight here in Dubai. The jet-set is amassing in the lobby, while paparazzis do their job: everybody wants to be in the picture with the skating stars, a sure bet to appear on the cover of glossy magazines...'.

I like Bill Begg's response in Bont Forum's UTOPIA: If I was FIRS President;'Once again the King of Science fiction stikes again, thak you for the honary position of the ageing CIC president...'.

Ask Bill Begg: The latest edition of the Ask Bill Begg! column is Is My Daughter Skating Too Much and Rounded Backs.

100k Dutch Natural Ice Champs: The 100k Dutch Natural Ice Championships were held today in Austria in Weissensee. Click here for a page that will lead to results. You can access the results directly; men's results, women's results, and masters results. You can read a report thanks to Skate Podium. You can find some more commentary and results in ICE MARATHON NEWS 2007 / 2008.

Harm de Boer Fotografie was on hand to photograph the event; click here for the all of the 164 photos placed in one album.


Sweet victory for Arjan Stroetinga- photo from Harm de Boer Fotografie


Women's race- photo from Harm de Boer Fotografie


Covering the race- photo from Harm de Boer Fotografie

100's Or 110's?: Will this be one of the great debates of the 2008 season? 2008 debate- 100's or 110's???.

WIC News: According to the World Cup Topics for 2008, KIA is not sponsoring the Seoul WIC Marathon- this is from the WIC organization; 'The most important but unfortunatelly bad news is, that the WIC Seoul has been cancelled by the local organizer for this year due to sponsoring problems. We are very sorry for that and hope to have this great event back in 2009'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home