Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Monday, December 17, 2007

Trapped In Thunder Bay, Dimon Sports Marathon, KNSB #11 Videos & Pics + Essent, LT World Cup Erfurt, Canada JR ST, Skating Low Vid, REL Article

Trapped In Thunder Bay: Ok, I'm not trapped, but I was supposed to be back in Toronto on Sunday night. Thanks to a snow storm over the weekend in Toronto, my flight was cancelled. Air Canada has re-scheduled my flight to Toronto via Winnnipeg on Tuesday. I expect to be home sometime on Tuesday evening.

Hmm, a delay of only 2 days...


Blue skies on Sunday in Thunder Bay meant no good news for my flight to Toronto- the flight was still cancelled thanks to a snow storm in Toronto

Apart from missing two days of work, I do get to spend more time with my family and my nephew Sebastien. His first birthday was yesterday.


Papa Olivier, Sebastien, and Mama Marlene

Along with spending time with my family (ie sleeping in very late), I got to reinforce my new found obsession with Cream of Wheat. That cereal is fantastic! I think it's the next big thing. On my way to the grocery store today, I picked up a newspaper called Thunder Bay Sports Scene and noticed a picture of speedskaters on the front page. According to an article in the paper the Thunder Blades Speed Skating Club will have an open house tomorrow. Maybe if there's another snow storm and my flights are cancelled, I can go check it out!

Dimon Sports Marathon: MSI's Dimon Sports Marathon took place this past weekend. Use the following links for results
- 10km results
- 25km results
- 1-hour (blizzard race) results

KNSB #11 Videos & Pics + Essent: Let's get you started with some results- click here to plow through the KNSB Cup #11 results. You can find all the Essent Cup #9 results by clicking here.

While we've been stuck in Thunder Bay, Skate Podium has been kind enough to put up some videos from this past weekend's KNSB #11 (The Hague) for Morgane Echardour and I to watch- click here for the women's and here for the men's A.



You can find some very nice photos from the Essent Cup #9 (men's photos and women's photos) and KNSB Cup #11 (women's photos, men's B photos, and men's A photos) thanks to Harm de Boer Fotografie.


Essent Cup #9 Amsterdam women- photo from Harm de Boer Fotografie


Essent Cup #9 Amsterdam men- photo from Harm de Boer Fotografie


The Hague KNSB Cup #11 women- photo from Harm de Boer Fotografie


The Hague KNSB Cup #11 men's sprint- photo from Harm de Boer Fotografie

LT World Cup Erfurt: All the results are in (since yesterday) from the essent long track sprint World Cup in Erfurt, Germany- view all the results here. Here are a couple of articles; Morrison and Klassen earn medals at speed skating World Cup and Canada concludes successful first half to long track speed skating World Cup season

Canada JR ST: The Canadian junior short track championships took place this past weekend in Ottawa. You can find all the results here. Check out the SSC article for more- Mendes-Campeau and Blais-Dufour Become National Junior Champions.

Skating Low Vid: Following my Inline Planet article The Lowdown, check out Skating Low - Video- you can view the video here.

REL Article: Roller En Ligne has a good article in French called Le mariage de la technique et du matériel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home