Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Friday, April 27, 2007

Video- 2001 To 2006, Maurao Guenci What Are You Doing At My School?, Aaron In Switzerland, Bologna 1000m Video, Links

Video- 2001 To 2006: I recently made a video which includes most of my unreleased/ not widely available footage that I took or that I have. The videos span 2001 to 2006. The video quality is pretty bad at the beginning, but it does get significantly better as the video goes on. The features footage from races including the Pan Am Champs, Toronto Inline Race Weekend, Worlds, Montreal, etc. Press play below or click here.


Maurao Guenci What Are You Doing At My School?: This morning, I went into the staff room to sip my scorching hot tea just as I do each morning at work. I decided to flip through the 2007 Guiness Book of Records and I was very pleased and equally surprised to find a photo and entry featuring Mauro Guenci. I find it cool that a good inline speed skating pictures is in the book, and that the book is all over the place. If the GBR readers are anything like me, some will want to try skating. I'm always thinking about what Guiness world record I can break, like the record for the # of people dressed in cell phone costumes at the same time. Anyways, the entry is along side awesome and interesting records such as Longest Paper Chains, Longest French Knitting, Movie Marathon, and Fastest Hand Knitted Sheep to Sweater.


Mauro Guenci in the 2007 Guiness Book of World Records- and it's a nice picture!

Aaron In Switzerland: Aaron Arndt has made it safely into Switzerland. Check out his site entry Flight Post (…not plane ride). Bill Begg mentioned that within a few hours of getting off the plane, ‘A bouncy & confident looking Aaron Richard Arnd't stepped off the aeroplane & 3 hours later was on a 2 hour Bike ride with Bont teamate Wayne Begg and Kiwi's Kalon Dobbin, Peter Micheal & DJ Nation.

Later on at Frauenfeld at 7pm he got a taste of Minute Minute exercise for an hour, with the above Group, Nicole Begg, Andrea Gonzales & fellow Canadians Andrew & Sigrid.

Of couse first up a very tall order, and you could not be expected to complete that, but Arnd't showed enough that he should be on the pace, when it comes to the marathon races
’ Good luck Aaron!

Bologna 1000m Video: Click here of press play below for a video from a 1000-meter race in Bologna, Italy. I love the inside pass that the eventual race winner made.


Links: Click here for Fast International RollerSkating. My website (Peter’s Inline Racing Web Page) used to be on their main page. Then I stopped my site in 2005 and they took the PIRWP link off. I started up the site again and re-branded it to what you know as Speed Skate World, and SSW is now back on the FIRS main page.

Another cool link for you to explore is SkateResults.com. It’s a repository of tons and tons of ice race results. I saw it sometime last year- good stuff.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

peter,

brilliant video!! the music choice is terrific too.. I am racing tomorrow and I think I will watch this at least 5 times tonight to get psyched up..

what artists/songs are in this??

Friday, April 27, 2007 9:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Peter Doucet said...

Thank you sir Andrew- it was fun to make, I got to re-watch a few hours of really cool video when I was selecting the clips!

It's one song, and it's called Spitting Venom, by Modest Mouse. One of my fav. bands of all time for sure.

Friday, April 27, 2007 9:29:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home