Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Friday, April 20, 2007

Wolvega, Correction, Event News, Links

Wolvega: Click here for the men’s and click here for the women’s photos from the Wolvega Baancompetitie A. The photos are from Harm de Boer Fotografie. You can find a report on Timmerman Powerslide and a report (with some results) on Skate Bond Nederland.


Wolvega- photo from Harm de Boer Fotografie


Wolvega- photo from Harm de Boer Fotografie


Wolvega- photo from Harm de Boer Fotografie


Wolvega- photo from Harm de Boer Fotografie

Correction: Yesterday, I reported that this article talks about a track that is being built in Argentina. Ryczard Adamczyk has left a message indicating that ‘...actually there are three of them in three different cities...’. Pretty cool!

By the way, I like how people can comment on my site. I thought that this might be a good time to mention that I don’t publish all the posts and comments that people make. In fact, I’ve been deleting the millions of comments that women leave for me, telling that I am hot, etc etc. To the millions of ladies; you’re wasting your time; I have a special girl in my life.

Event News: Coming on May 12th in Mount Forest, Ontario is the Trillim Run 10k. Make sure you pre-register for this one. In case you missed it, all the information on the RSO & Canadian Pan American Championships is posted on the Roller Sports Ontario site (info, Pan Am trials entry, and Provincials entry).


A bunch of people at the 2005 Trillium Run 10k

The San Francisco Inline Marathon will be taking place on August 12th. Click here for the French Inline Cup website which features a whole bunch of really good events scattered throughout France.


Links: Your homework for this weekend (other than donating a lot of money to fund Speed Skate World's operations) is to explore these links rich in skating stuff: First off, I’ll direct you to EGC Skates. They are currently building a set of boots and sharing their boot making experiences.


EGC Skates being built- 'After making the initial molds - the cast must be completely dried before moving on to the lastmaking step. If it's not dry - they will stretch when the last's are poured'

I like this next one, and surely many of you will as well: Team Time Out Sport-Reeleezee- it’s an all women’s team as far as I could tell. I am down with that. For sure I am down with that. They should have a whole bunch of these teams here in Mississauga. Maybe you can organize some teams?


I'm sure there's a way for the likes of me to get onto this team... - photo from Team Time Out Sport-Reeleezee

Il Peloton is a good place to visit. Especially due to the fact that they sponsor my website. Also, I like Team Mijnten and their spiderman-esque suits. Check out Timmerman Powerslide. They are putting news and pictures and interviews- this site has the potential of being a good one that you’ll check on a regular basis, even if you’re not able to read the language that it is published in.


Team Mijnten

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home