Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

From Toronto & Harriston To Europe, My Oh My Penan, Results- GBC Wilhelmshaven, Italian Championships (Savona), & Tuggen

From Toronto & Harriston To Europe: Aaron Arndt, Alex Perrie, and Paisley Perrie are all headed to Europe today from Toronto. I don’t think Aaron is going with the Perries, but they will all be at Gros Gereau in Germany for the big multi-day multi-track race. I might be getting some updates from Germany over the weekend, so stay tuned.

Aaron Arndt will be staying in Europe until sometime in September and then he will come back and challenge me for a top placement at Athens to Atlanta. Aaron is laying down the challenge on his website, saying that I need to learn to sprint. Well, I’ve learnt, and I will be ready to make sure that Aaron’s name is below mine in the results list. We both want the A2A win, but there’s room for only one of us. I’ll be going into this year’s A2A some 20-25 lbs lighter than last year, with better technique and better fitness. I will be dangerous.

As much as A2A is in my sights this year, my goals are set on qualifying for the Pan American Games and also competing well at the world championships. Training’s hard; it hurts, it’s not fun, it takes time, and it is precise and planned.

Part of my training is coaching and skating at the Toronto Inline Skating Club. We had a good practice last night, which included an fun elimination race and relays. With skaters like Aaron Arndt, Camilo Echeverri, Jade Pauley, and a reappearance of Dean Arndt (former top-20 worlds), practice can get quite competitive. Below are a few pictures and a short video that I took- press play or click here to view the video.


TISC group shot- a strong, fast, fit, and improving group of skaters


Early during the fun elimination race- the racing group was not allowed to skate in the top-4 positions of the group until close to the end of the race- this gave the fitness group a chance to shine


Elimination race again- through the corner


My Oh My Penan: Chile’s popular cutie top-skater Catherine Penan posed for the camera in her underwear- good stuff for those of you that like girls like Penan. A few top skaters (world medalists) asked me for photos of Catherine Penan because they liked her so much- but I think this one easily tops all of my photos of her that I have. Barry Publow is now thrown into the mix of racy pictures with a nude (but covered) photo of himself- it was taken a few years ago. The funny thing is that my friends from Mexico got draggen into this whole mess; ‘Nude dudes do not sell, except in gay environments (like this one in Mississauga >>)’. Hahahahaha, the picture comes from the party at 2005 worlds in China, and I thought that the cowboy hat was the coolest thing at that party.


Catherine Penan (photo cropped)- photo from SpeedSK8rs.com


Some good looking guys- popular with the ladies too!!

Results- GBC Wilhelmshaven, Italian Championships (Savona), & Tuggen: Finally, I managed to dig up the results from the Wilhelmshaven Skate Days German Blade Challenge.

Click here for the results from the 42km Italian Championships in Savona. Patin Carrera has posted a report.

Click here for the results from the race last weekend in Tuggen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If these *ladies* insist on posing nude, can we please higher a real photographer? Or someone who's seen at least one episode of Top Model? These pics are not fierce. The first ones looked like every senior photo I've ever seen, minus clothes, and this girl looks like she's trying out for Maxim. Try again, chica.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 10:50:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home