Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Northshore Inline Marathon (Duluth) Video

Northshore Inline Marathon (Duluth) Video: After many blue screens on my computer, I finally finished my Northshore Inline Marathon video- Click here to check it out or press play below.

The video is about 10-minutes long. I think it's a really good and really cool video- probably because I made it. It includes footage from the drive from Mississauga to Duluth, the skating expo at the DECC, the bus trip to the start line, walking up to the line (there's a section that skips over an over- it's there on purpose), people hitting each other with spoons, the start of the elite men's race, and Eddy Matzger and I re-skating the marathon- it was Eddy's bright idea to skate the marathon again so he (we) could cheer on the rec skaters- he did this last year with none-other than the great Steve Robillard!


If you're looking for more NSIM footage, you can check out pixelmech's videos which features some good music; women's racing, part 2, and part 1.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the video Peter!!!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:44:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links to the photo/video, I'm always interested to see what other people get. Thanks to all the photographers out there for the great shots too!

I'll make a shameless plug for my photo set too, here is the announcement: Tom's 2007 North Shore Inline Marathon Gallery

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:10:00 AM

 
Blogger Peter Doucet said...

It's not a shameless plug- I was checking out your pics a couple of hours ago- I'll link 'em up tomorrow. They're good- thanks for putting them up :)

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:13:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS for the great video! I am glad Eddy coaxed you in to reskating the course. It was worth it for us to see! What a feat or should I say feet?

Thursday, September 20, 2007 5:16:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home