Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Marathon Manager, NROC Rules, What A Practice, Arndt's Team & ASSB, Mr B Saluted, World Cup 2008, REL News, NZ Banked Track Champs, 1978 World ST

Marathon Manager: Last night, I was reading through the prizes that the Marathon Manager competition awarded to the top-30 in the final standings. Between a vacation, tv, lap tops, iPods, and skate stuff... well, I wish I won instead of placing like 300th.

Skate Podium also has a training section that is cared for by Desly Hill- check out the first entry called De voorbereidingsperiode (BTW it's not in English).

NROC Rules: NROC's Rulebook is now online.


What A Practice: Due to an injury and a jam-packed time-crunched schedule, I haven't been skating much this year. I miss skating and I miss my friends. I do pop up to practice once in a while- I'd like to show up at tonight's practice, but due to the viewing of a friend & ex co-worker who passed away, training, and cleaning up the fresh batch of snow that has coated my driveway and side-walk, I'll probably be missing another practice.

Just in case you don't believe me about the snow, check out Sigrid Ziegler's entry called Training update.


Photo from Sigrid Ziegler


Here's outside of my house- SpeedSkateWorld.com world headquarters- this morning before going to work

It seems that last Monday's practice was one to NOT miss- it has received race reviews from Aaron Arndt- In the works... ('...RSC President Wayne Burrett throwing down some awe inspiring passes into a crowd...'), from Candy Wong- Cleaning The Floor ('What a fantastic practice tonight!!'), and from Jacky Shu- Get Off The Mark ('I bet everybody had fun in practice last night').

Arndt's Team & ASSB: Aaron Arndt's post It’s Official! introduces the Team Subaru X-Tech 2008- and who's on the team you ask? Aaron Arndt of course.

Andrew's Speed Skating Blog has some team news & equipment news- see Never Underestimate the Power of the Ex, DblA Interview Sneak Peek and 2008 Wheels and the X-Tech Intersport Team.

I'm looking forward to reading the 2xA interview. In the sneek peak, 2xA says 'After last year, I wanted back. I wanted to race every single WIC race over again. Every course, every turn, every approach into the sprint...'.


Not a bad group of skaters to be associated with

Mr B Saluted: I thought this was a very nice post; MR B, WE SALUTE YOU.

World Cup 2008: The 2008 World Inline Cup's wheels are starting to turn- the season will soon begin. I suspect the World Cup Topics for 2008 will become more and more alive- there is recent news about women's teams and about the Swiss Inline Cup- the 2008 SIC calendar is now up.


REL News: Roller En Ligne's article machine keeps pumping out material for us article seekers- the most recent news inludes France Espoir Indoor 2008 (see the photos here) and a video from the Poussins Benjamin Minimes the Lille.


Photo from Roller En Ligne

NZ Banked Track Champs: Roller Girl: Nicole Begg has new material on her blog- 2008 NZ Bank Track Championships- if you're into checking out pics (which I know you are), then click here and have fun exploring the photos from the NZ Banked Track Championships- here are short cuts- photos 1, photos 2, photos 3, photos 4, photos 5, photos 6, photos 7, photos 8, photos 9, and photos 10.


New Zealand Banked Track Championships 10K Points Elimination- photo from Jun Tanlayco

1978 World ST: Here is a cool historical post from World Masters Short Track- it's called 1978 World Short Track Speed Skating Championships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home