Canadian Peter Doucet provides a look into the world of speed skating. Online since March 1999, Speed Skate World (used to Peter's Inline Racing Web Page) provides the skating world with results, photos, news, gossip, and just plain fun! Contact Peter Doucet at shaloheat@hotmail.com

Thank you to the Speed Skate World Sponsors & Supporters

Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Site's Working

This is super cool; the website is working and it's easy to update. That means I get to spend less time updating the website and therefore more time training or doing whatever- not that I have actually been spending a lot of time working on PIRWP.

I first wanted to re-post the last update and then later on this week, I should have a whole whack of links that I'll post. So until then, have a good one!

October 31st 2006- Happy Halloween! Today is by far the bestest most favourite day of the year for me: it's Halloween! Later this evening, I will be scaring the children who come to my house to trick-or-treat by hiding in the bushes beside my front door- all this while the scary music is playing outside, my fog machine is making my house seem creepy, and the candles burning all around my yard. I will be reluctantly giving the kids candy. I figure for Halloween, my house is the best house to go to in my neighborhood because it's the scariest and I give the best and the most candies.

Today's a good day to give away all my chocolate because tomorrow is the day that I will be starting my training program for 2007. That means I'm going to swear off the junk food- well, really the only junk food that I eat is chocolate. To wean myself off chocolate, I've been eating my breakfast cereal (red river- which is like bird seed- mixed with plain oatmeal) dashed with a little bit of sugar and some cocoa.

Olivier Jean and the Short Track World Cup: Korea- Olivier Jean represented Canada at the world cup short track #2 in Korea this past weekend. Continuing from his success at the first world cup, he earned a bronze medal in the 1000-meter and a gold medal in the relay along with Steve Robillard. View all the results. Olivier shares more of his short track world cup experiences with us:

'Korea is pretty crazy. There are tons of fans who love the sport and come to watch in the stands. Everyone wants photos and autographs. I’ve never seen anything like all the time I’ve been racing, it’s really awesome!! Our men’s relay team qualified for tomorrows final (which Canada won) but unfortunately, the girls were disqualified in the qualifying race.



Check check, look at that champions Oh-Suk, Lee (Korea), Charles Hamelin, and I in the 1000-meters. It was the only podium that Canada earned on Saturday.

Tomorrow, there’s a 1000-meter and a 500-metre. I will be racing the 500-meter and also the relay. Today, Steve Robillard was the only other Canadian skater to make the 1500-meter final, and he finished 5th.

It’s super hot here- it’s really cool because we warm up in shorts and the sun is shining big time. I really am not thrilled to be coming back to the cold-Montreal nightmare!
'



USA and Canadian Short Trackers/ Inliners: Kimlery Derrick, Anthony Lobello, Steve Robillard, Olivier Jean, Travis Jayner, Jeff Simon, and Jordan Malone

Scooter's Speed Club Starts Tomorrow: In case anyone from Toronto is reading this, the Scooter's Indoor Speed Club will begin its 2006-2007 season tomorrow.

Folks, I've skated once since Athens to Atlanta, and that's pretty much all I've done other than work and chocolate eat. I've got layers of fat to work off and between training at Scooter's , running for 1/2 hour, stretching, and weights- all this tomorrow, I think I'll be struggling with walking on Thursday.



Meeting to plan the Scooter's Speed Club season: Left to right: Myself, Sigrid Ziegler, Eric Gee, Andrew Hegarty, Wayne Burrett, and Munro Foster. Hidden by me is Gillian Clarke and hidden by Eric is Aaron Arndt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home